Keep Your Smile Sparkling This Holiday Season
The holiday season is upon us and with it comes holiday parties and family gatherings. Even though this time of year we become very busy, we don’t want you to take a holiday from your oral health.
You can still enjoy the holiday season without scraificing your dental health. Here are are a few tips to keep your smile sparkling.
- Be sure to keep up with your dental checkups. With all the preparations for the holidays, it is easy to forego your dental visit. Staying up to date with your regular dental checkups will help prevent dental problems and keep your smile sparkling.
- Be careful when it comes to chewy treats. Foods like caramel and taffy can stick to your teeth for long periods of time which encourages tooth decay.
- Watch your consumption of sugary drinks which can lead to tooth decay. This happens when the sugar stays on your teeth for long periods of time. Also red wine and dark sodas can lead to staining.
- When you are able, drink water after eating sweets or drinking sugary drinks. This can prevent bacteria from forming on your teeth which can lead to cavities.
- Don’t crack nuts between your teeth. This can cause serious enamel or gum damage.
- Manage holiday stress. Stress and anxiety during the holiday season is very common, but it can lead to clenching and/or grinding your teeth. Being aware of this and possibly having a night guard made if the problem persists can help protect your smile.
- If you are traveling this holiday season don’t forget your travel dental kit. Nearly everything comes in travel sizes these days. Be sure to pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash for the whole family.
By following these tips during the holiday season you can keep your smile healthy and bright. Don’t forget that the holiday season is also a busy time for us as well, be sure to call and get your appointment soon. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule a dental appointment, please gives us a call at (509) 235-6241 or email us at [email protected]