Diode Laser Technology
Dr. Jacob Ridl, DDS – Cheney WA
As dentists we strive to create the perfect smile. Our use of Diode Laser Technology allows for practical and the least invasive technology available to deliver restorative and preventative care.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry:
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require suture (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures to not require anesthesia
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilized the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimal.
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.
Soft Tissue (Gum) Laser Dentistry Procedures:
- Crown Lengthening: Dental lasers can reshape the gum tissue (soft tissue laser) and bone (hard tissue laser) to expose healthier tooth structure. Referred to as a crown lengthening, such reshaping provides a stronger foundation for the placement of restorations.
- Gummy Smile: Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of gummy smile.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula): A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue tied (restricted or tight frenulum) and babies unable to breast feed adequately due to limited tongue movement. A laser frenectomy may also help to eliminate speech impediments.
- Soft Tissue Folds: Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.